Tuesday, October 30, 2012

3rd

There is nothing funny about cancer, yet today I wanted to start my blog off with, a funny thing about cancer... It makes you think about your life as a whole, which could be a depressing thing for many. I personally jump into God's word and bath myself with his love and healing power. No this is not the healing power of the body, but I do believe God can if He wills. I am talking about the emotional and mental healing power of God's word.

Today I was reading Romans chapter 12, which is a book of the Bible I find myself going back to again and again. The passages I was reading talked about sacrificing your body as an act of worship and transform yourself by the renewing of the mind (sorry this is a loose paraphrase). In my field of study and career choice, the renewing of the mind is something I am trying to do daily with people who are hurting and are mentally struggling. Maybe this makes be a cognitive therapist, but it makes sense. If you can transform the mind to think clearer and to be more positive, you can really change your outlook on life as well as your feelings. But to sacrifice the your body as an act of worship, this may be harder for me.

My body feels fatigued often, my body feels weak, and my body aches; this makes me less motivated to get out of bed. So to sacrifice your body is to fight all those feelings and jump into action. So what actions needs to take place in the body so I my worship my creator? This makes me a behaviorist, because by doing a new act over and over again, I change my feelings and my thoughts about the issue or problem. Back to the question, what do I do?

I praise God with more acts of worship, I spend more time on my knees in prayer, I get out of the lazy boy and walk with God more, I spend more time fasting, I serve more, I breath deeper, and I live so that I may live. Worship with your body then with your words. Take joy in aches and pains of the body, because it is a sign you are alive.

Today, my thoughts may seem unclear and random, but sometimes the deeper more profound things in your life are not the things that make sense to others.

So dear reader, I leave you with this. What behaviors need to take place in your life, so that you my worship God?

No comments:

Post a Comment